This interactive breastfeeding course is an entry-level course designed for staff and volunteers of community agencies and hospitals who work with prenatal women or new families. Completing this course will help you to:
- Protect, promote and support breastfeeding.
- Have a positive influence on pregnant women who are making their infant feeding decision.
- Be a trusted support during the early weeks of breastfeeding.
This course will take 1 to 1 ½ hours to complete.
The goal of this course is to enable health and social service providers, volunteers and individuals who work with pregnant women or new families to protect, promote and support breastfeeding.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- List at least 5 reasons why breastfeeding is recommended.
- Describe why mothers need support during pregnancy and the postpartum period.
- List at least 3 barriers to breastfeeding and know how to overcome these barriers.
- List ways in which breastfeeding promotes parent-infant attachment.
- Apply the 3-step plan to informed decision-making in practical situations.
- Adopt Baby-Friendly practices to promote, protect and support breastfeeding.
- List at least 3 local or provincial sources of support for mothers.
Also available in English.