This tool was created for health care providers to use with their patients who might require extra support during pregnancy and childbirth. Examples include individuals who are experiencing a combination of challenges with their mood, behaviour, interpersonal relationships, and learning. This tool aims to help providers learn more about individuals with complicated emotional and behavioural presentations that are often misdiagnosed and misunderstood. It can apply to people experiencing:
- The implications of prenatal exposures to alcohol and other substances
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD)
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Learning disabilities
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Other neuro-developmental disabilities
The booklet has just been developed using up-to-date content, gender-neutral language and pandemic-informed practices.
The free PDF of this resource is accessible (AODA).
Also available in English.