The Sleep Well, Sleep Safe booklet is intended for parents of infants from 0-12 months and for all who care for infants.
This booklet is divided in three sections:
- Healthy Sleep Tips for Infants and for Parents : Be informed about recommendations on healthy sleep practices for parents and infants.
- Safe Sleep Tips for Infants 0-12 Months: Be informed on how to reduce the risks of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and other sleep related causes of infant death.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & answers and recommended resources: provide you with further information on healthy and safe sleep for infants.
Also available in English.
- The safest place for an infant to sleep : Did you know that the safest place for an infant to sleep is in a crib, cradle or bassinet?
- Attachment and sleep : Did you know that your infant needs your loving care to better develop healthy sleep habits? .
- Establishing routines : Did you know that routines are important to help infants sleep well?
- Creating safe sleep environments : Did you know that creating safe sleep environments will reduce the risks of infant death?
- Breastfeeding and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome : Did you know that breastfeeding reduces the risks of SIDS?
- Alcohol/drug misuse and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome : Did you know that avoiding alcohol and drug misuse can reduce the risk of infant death?
- Smoking and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome : Did you know that preventing exposure to tobacco smoke, during pregnancy or after pregnancy, reduces the risk of SIDS?