This series of 7 Infant Sleep Messages provide tips and practical suggestions for parents and caregivers of infants aged 0-12 months on healthy and safe sleep. The tips support the current recommendations on how to reduce the risks of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and other sleep-related causes of infant death.
How to use these tips:
- Share the tips through your Facebook pages.
- Send the tips via Twitter.
- Create links from your website to the tips.
- Print the documents and use them as handouts.
- Use the text in your parent newsletters.
Here are all the Infant Sleep Messages (also available in English):
- The safest place for an infant to sleep : Did you know that the safest place for an infant to sleep is in a crib, cradle or bassinet?
- Attachment and sleep : Did you know that your infant needs your loving care to better develop healthy sleep habits?
- Establishing routines : Did you know that routines are important to help infants sleep well?
- Creating safe sleep environments: Did you know that creating safe sleep environments will reduce the risks of infant death?
- Breastfeeding and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: Did you know that breastfeeding reduces the risks of SIDS?
- Alcohol/drug misuse and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: Did you know that avoiding alcohol and drug misuse can reduce the risk of infant death?
- Smoking and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: Did you know that preventing exposure to tobacco smoke, during pregnancy or after pregnancy, reduces the risk of SIDS?