The Managing Depression Facilitator’s Guide is a resource that was designed to assist facilitators working with women who are living with depression during pregnancy, after delivery and beyond. It provides suggestions on how to deliver five, 2 hour group sessions on depression using the resource: Managing Depression: A Self-help Skills Resource for Women Living With Depression During Pregnancy, After Delivery and Beyond.
This facilitator’s guide includes suggested activity plans, activities and support materials that will assist facilitators in guiding participants through the Managing Depression Group. The focus of each of the five sessions is:
- Session 1 – Understanding what depression is, what causes it and how to get help
- Session 2 – Exploring how to reactivate your life
- Session 3 – Exploring how to think realistically
- Session 4 – Exploring how to solve problems effectively
- Session 5 – Exploring how to reduce the risk of relapse
Also available in French.